Thursday, November 16, 2006

sleep or lack thereof

Bret is quickly becoming one of my best friends here at Texas State. Last night I went over to his room to do hw and watch a movie. Then I went back to my room. We were talking over aim and discussing how hungry I was. He told me I needed to eat. The only thing in my dorm though are stale wheat thins. So he says "come over and eat some ramen."

This is a bad idea. It is 12:30 am when this statement is made. It is freezing outside. I don't want to go across the street to eat ramen noodles when I could easily go to sleep and forget I'm hungry. I explain all this and he simply states "c'mon. it's the college kid thing to do." So what do I do? I put on two sweaters and walk across the street to Retama. We make ramen and we sit in the lobby for a couple of hours. He sort of worked on bio and I distracted him as we talked about all sorts of random stuff.

Around 3am we remember he needs to do his laundry. So we go up to his room and sort his laundry, as quietly as possible so as not to wake his deaf roommate. That's right, DEAF roommate. We are tip-toeing around the room and whispering... because that's how we roll.

After Bret spends a good several minutes sorting his laundry we go downstairs and sit in the laundry room discussing life, books, random shit. It was exciting. It's a college kid thing.

I finally went to sleep at 5:30 this morning and then woke up at 10:45 for my 11 o'clock class. Go me. Then today, as with every other day this week, I went to class and was going non-stop from class to meeting and this and that and then Rocky and then to study... however I get a phone call saying I should go watch a movie instead of studying. Because I'm a good student I say no, but then I'm told I shouldn't be lame and I should go be a college kid.... How do I respond to this? I go out there and am a college kid.

So here it is... almost 2 am and I still haven't really studied for my math test and have probably gotten less than 25 hours of sleep in the past week. I guess it's a good thing I am so busy...other wise I might realize how tired I am and stop enjoying the college kid thing.

I'm actually going to go study now...

No comments: