Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Food

Food is a very important part of everyday life. You must eat it to survive, yet it seems as though people are always refraining for this diet or that diet. I have had food on my mind all day. I didn't eat a big lunch and by the time I got to eat dinner at 8 I thought I was going to die. I love college and college life but I miss my mom's cooking so much.

Instead of making a christmas list right now, I am making a list of food I want to eat when I come home for christmas. I want Taco Soup. I love my mom's taco soup. It has beans and vegatables and hamburger meat with spicy taco seasoning. I also would love to have her Italtian sausage and peppers. I love that dish. It's pretty much a party in you're mouth. And then there's the gumbo. I love gumbo... but her gumbo. It is amazing. She makes the roux from scratch and pretty much spends hours making the gumbo. It is pure happiness.

I think the worst thing about these dorms that we are forced to live in are the kitchens. I want to cook good food, but this is made difficult by the smallness of the kitchen and the lack of supplies in it. Not to mention the fact that if I were to start cooking I have no idea where I would put the food. I mean I doubt there would be leftovers because let's face it, if there is good food within a 5 mile radius of the girls in my dorm, it will be gone within minutes. Maybe this weekend I'll have Bret drive me to the store and I'll cook for the ASLC kids and we can eat after the homecoming game...It's an idea.

No comments: